OREM, Utah—October 21, 2009—AtTask, (www.attask.com), the definitive project management solution enabling organizations to collaborate and accomplish the work most essential to the enterprise, announced today availability of a new AtTask product license, the Team Member license. It is designed for use by individual contributors assigned to complete tasks on business projects.
The new license offering results from AtTask’s recognition that different users within an organization require different levels of project management software functionality. Many individuals assigned to complete project tasks need only status update, time entry, and attachments capabilities. The Team Member license delivers these and other types of functionality for project participants who don’t need the full project and portfolio management software functionality of AtTask.
When used in combination with AtTask’s full-featured Professional or Enterprise licenses, the Team Member license will enable companies to streamline collaborative processes and increase effectiveness across a broader population of project managers and participants.
“AtTask is a great fit for the Star Tribune. It allows us to manage workflow in one of the most important things we do: making our advertisers deliriously happy. The way it does that is so focused on our business needs that I cannot imagine having the same process without AtTask,” said Jason Erdahl, Executive Director of Digital for the Star Tribune. “The new Team Member license allows me to integrate AtTask more fully throughout my organization where I expect to see an equally valuable impact.”
“There are members of our project teams who don’t need access to the full functionality of AtTask, so the pricing structure of the new Team Member license fit our company perfectly,” said Jim Brockman, Interactive Producer for Boston Interactive. “When we looked at competing products, they didn’t offer the kind of tiered licensing format AtTask provided. It was all or nothing, which would have negatively impacted our ability to implement fully throughout our organization.”
“The addition of the Team Member license is the result of listening to our clients and understanding and meeting their needs,” said Kevin Hayden, CMO at AtTask. “Executives need the ability to make accurate, data-driven project and strategy decisions. Enabling every project team member to contribute information gives decision-makers accurate and up-to-date information and helps ensure that every project aligns with business strategy.”
AtTask’s new Team Member license enables users to:
1. Track time and expenses on tasks and projects
2. Update task status, including approvals
3. Create notes and attach documents regarding tasks and projects
4. Submit and track issues
AtTask helps organizations increase productivity and reduce costs by providing transparency, visibility, and accountability on critical business projects across the enterprise. AtTask’s on-demand alternative to expensive and cumbersome legacy solutions:
* Promotes better workforce utilization and increases efficiency
* Empowers organizations to focus on profit margins and cutting costs
* Provides enterprise-wide project visibility
* Enables greater regulatory compliance
* Facilitates business agility and innovation
* Provides heightened budget accountability
Recent AtTask Highlights
* AtTask named an industry leader in SaaS/on-demand IT project management software by IDC1
* AtTask recognized as the market share leader in Gartner’s Market Share: Project and Portfolio Management Software, Worldwide 2008 Report2 with 90.0 percent share growth, outpacing the market by 12x
* AtTask named a visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management3
* AtTask named “Best Project Management Software” with a 2009 CODiE award
* AtTask received the TopTenREVIEWS Gold Award for the third year in a row
* AtTask momentum continues through Q2 with increased revenue growth, strong customer acquisition, and project management software innovation
* Companies like Driscoll’s, Johns Hopkins, National Geographic, Penn State, Simmons Foods, Verizon Wireless, and others choose AtTask’s project management software to align business goals with project execution
* Global successes in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) exceeded all projections in Q2
* The Project & Portfolio Management Summit, held in June, brought together senior IT executives from the PPM business community who awarded AtTask a “Project & Portfolio Management Innovation Award” for “Best Presentation”
* Organizations from all over the world enjoyed an exciting program of industry analyst presentations and customer success stories during AtTask’s first ever User Conference held in May
1 IDC MarketScape: IT Project and Portfolio Management, 2009 Vendor Analysis (IDC #219087)
2 Gartner, Inc. “Market Share: Project and Portfolio Management Software, Worldwide, 2008” by Laurie F. Wurster et al, May 20, 2009
3 Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management” by Daniel B. Stang and Michael Hanford, June 2, 2009
About AtTask, Inc.
AtTask (www.attask.com) is the project and portfolio management (PPM) solution that focuses all knowledge workers on those activities that make them and their company more effective, innovative, and competitive. Its platform-independent and multilingual solution increases efficiency for small- to medium-sized businesses and Fortune 500 companies across the globe. AtTask's clients include American Airlines, Chevron, Cisco Systems, GE Healthcare, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Newsweek, Samsung, Toyota, Walt Disney, and Whirlpool.