New product enhancements provide at-a-glance insight connecting the right people to the right work
SILICON SLOPES, UT — October 11, 2016 —Workfront, the leading provider of cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solutions, today announced the release of enhanced resource scheduling capabilities, enabling enterprise teams to better align resources with the work that needs to be completed. Team members’ availability can now be seen in a visual interface and work can be scheduled to the right person for the job. The easy-to-use assignment features ensure work is properly balanced across team members and the ability to complete projects on time is enhanced.
“After implementing Workfront and utilizing its project management capabilities, we began focusing on resource availability and allocations in the tool, as well as looking at the short term and long term impact work has on our resources,” said Kathy Haven, vice president and director of strategic operations PMO at FCB. “Without access to resource contouring, it was difficult to get an accurate picture of how busy specific resources really were. Having the ability to see this information in a calendar view that can be filtered based upon their needs — with unassigned work in the same view— is invaluable to our resource managers. Team members also love the personal calendar view of their tasks because they now have a visual representation of what they need to do, how long it should take them, and when they need to do it.”
“Project and team managers continually deal with the challenge of easily assigning and allocating resources to accomplish their highest priorities, without an extremely tedious process," said Steven ZoBell chief product and technology officer for Workfront. “Workfront’s simple and visual approach to resource scheduling allows teams quickly adjust to changing conditions or opportunities without compromising the velocity of their current projects.”
The new Workfront resource scheduling capabilities include:
- Easy-to-Use Assignment Swap — Resource managers save time by swapping assignments across multiple projects instead of manually opening each project in order to make necessary assignment adjustments.
- Real-Time Availability — Resource managers and team leads no longer have to worry about over allocating a resource since they can easily see and adjust how many hours a user has assigned to them on a specific day.
- Customized Views — Resource managers can customize which resource information is shown based on projects, users, groups, teams, and roles.
- Drag-and-drop Assignments — Resource managers can assign tasks using the intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Personal Work Calendar — Team members can see what work they have been assigned and how many hours they should spend on each task.
To learn more about the Workfront resource scheduling capability, visit https://www.workfront.com/enterprise/features/plan-success/resource-management/.
- See how the Workfront resource scheduling functionality works
- Read the datasheet on our resource scheduling functionality
Workfront is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution that helps marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools. Unlike other tools, Workfront Enterprise Work Cloud is a centralized, easy-to-adopt solution for managing and collaborating on all types of work through the entire work lifecycle, which improves team productivity and executive visibility. Workfront is trusted by thousands of global enterprises, like Cars.com, Cisco Systems, Comcast, iProspect, Schneider Electric and Trek. To learn more, visit www.workfront.com or follow us on Twitter @Workfront_Inc.
About the Author
Shelbi is an experienced public relations professional with experience in both agency and corporate marketing environments. She currently guides brand awareness, market research, analyst relations, and customer content. She has nearly a decade of BtoB and BtoC experience helping companies tell their stories in the changing media landscape — in traditional media outlets, social media, and now through content marketing.Follow on Twitter More Content by Shelbi Gomez