The Cars.com internal agency, Team IDEA, seizes opportunity to improve the sophistication of its operations—evolving processes, improving communications, and enhancing project visibility using Workfront.
AT A GLANCE
- Inefficiencies created by manual process and disconnected systems
- Low client satisfaction survey scores
- Lack of insight into increasing work queue
- Significant improvement in the client satisfaction key performance indicator (KPI)
- Saved an average of 10 hours per week by improving chains of communication
- Eliminated 25% of the back and forth for copy editing
- Reduced project planning by 30 minutes
- Eliminated 15 hours of meeting time per week for designers
- Increased accountability
- Improved flow of projects
- Gained a more empowered team
An excellent reputation is critical to the success of an in-house agency. Internal clients must be confident that their colleagues can deliver the work they promise, when they promise it. Yet no one at Cars.com was certain how successful a unified, standalone creative services and events team would be when Team IDEA was introduced in July 2011. Within 18 months, the growing team had evolved its intake and delivery processes, but still lacked a consistent work management solution that would enable team members to stop reacting to assignments and start driving strategy. Today, empowered by Workfront, Team IDEA is a better partner to the business because of the improved communication, time management, and project visibility capabilities that Workfront delivers to the organization.
Cars.com is the leading destination for online car shoppers, offering credible and easy-to-understand information from consumers and experts to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy, and how much to pay for a car. Team IDEA is the internal creative services and events team for Cars.com. The team—which includes a copywriter, project manager, designers, and events professionals—creates experiences for audiences to engage, interact, and strengthen relationships with the Cars.com brand. Team IDEA collaborates with internal stakeholders, developing and managing traditional and digital projects from advertisements, sales collateral, emails, event signage, invitations, and microsites to brochures, infographics, identity packages, logos, and more.